Skip to main content

New design

Don't get a fright. You are visiting Paul Indigo's blog. I've decided to update the look. Consistency is good but every now again you need to freshen things up.

I have added labels and other new features will follow soon. I intend to write even more articles in 2007, lots of useful stuff and more strong opinion pieces too like the article I published earlier tonight. You may see a slight change in the style of my writing too. My blog is going to be short, sharp and to the point.

When it comes to giving advice I am going to ensure maximum clarity. If anything is unclear then please let me know. I realise that for many readers English is not their first language. Please tell me if there is something you do not understand.

Besides opinion pieces and advice, I will make this blog more interactive by sharing the thoughts of other leading photographers and the opinions of experts with you.

I hope you like the new look and you will continue to visit my blog.

All of the very best,
Paul

Comments

Chris Shepherd said…
All the best blogs have a black background ;)

I can see how busy you've been now 106 blogs last year. Nearly 1 every 3 days! amazing.
David Toyne said…
Boo! All the best blogs are white and blue ;o)
Yo mismo said…
I do not know if i prefer this one, anyway the real meaning of my visits are your pictures and words.
Kind regards
Thanks for the taking the time to comment on the design. I'm delighted to hear it's the content rather than the wrapper that counts :))

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming creative block and self doubt

Every photographer, for that matter every creative, I've ever met comes to a point when they're not happy with the work they're producing. The pendulum between creative highs and dry spells swings continuously. For some the cycle is long and the bouts are quite mild for others the feeling of doubt about their work can be a crushing experience which returns all to frequently. It's actually quite healthy to have these periods of doubt because it can often be the beginning of something new and interesting which takes you further than you thought possible. Creatives in the commercial world have to always perform and although they may agree looking back that they've had a few patches where their work was less good, they always seem to bounce back. A very few creative geniuses deliver such high quality work that their poorest attempts still surpass the rest of us. But I have never heard of anyone, from tortured soul of Van Gogh to the supreme showman and genius, Salvador ...

What You Photograph Reveals How You Think

  Photography is often described as a way of seeing. Less often do we talk about it as a way of thinking. What you choose to photograph, and just as importantly what you ignore, quietly mirrors how your mind works. Some photographers are drawn to faces, micro-expressions, emotional spikes. Others chase atmosphere, light, mood. Then there are those who gravitate towards structure, systems, order, the invisible logic holding a scene together. None of this is accidental. The camera becomes a sorting tool. It reveals what your brain prioritises. Where others see chaos, you might see alignment. Where some look for drama, you look for balance. Geometry, repetition, flow, layers, these aren’t just visual preferences, they’re cognitive ones. Strong graphic images tend to come from people who think spatially. Who notice how things relate before they notice what they mean. Lines before labels. Structure before story. And yet, the best images rarely stop there. They gain depth when human pres...

Why do you take photographs?

Have you ever asked yourself why you photograph? It's a question that can be answered with a simple one-sentence answer until you start delving deeper. The answer then becomes increasingly complex and challenging to unravel. I've again undertaken this journey recently, and my answer is below. Portrait of Paul Indigo by Magda Indigo. Thanks Magda! I also reviewed my images over the last ten-plus years, selected 30 of my favourite photos, and compiled them into a slide show. This was a challenging task. My favourites change by the day, probably by the minute. Still, eventually, I got to a selection I titled "That's Life." Please click through to YouTube to view the full screen. My approach to people and landscape photography is characterised by a distinctive blend of documentary and fine art techniques. I aim to create images that are both deeply personal and universally relatable. Through portraiture, I strive to showcase the broad spectrum of human experience. I a...